Wednesday, March 27, 2013

32 weeks and counting.

 
Credit goes to my hubby for walking going on a little barefoot hike with me today. :) He's more artsy than I give him credit for. Although, you can tell he's a musician...because he likes to make most things look like album covers. haha
 
Here we go! Another pregnancy survey. 32 weeks, folks! 32 weeks!!
 
1. What name did you and your spouse call your baby before you knew the gender?
 
Hmmm...good question. I don't really remember ever calling him anything except for baby or kid.

2. When did "Oh-my-gosh-we're-having-a-baby" really sink it?
 
Still hasn't I guess. Some moments are like that...but for the most part I don't know if it ever fully sinks in.

3. When you think of yourself as a mom, what's the first thing to come to mind?
 
Ponytails. haha Maybe that's because most moms always have their hair up while running around chasing toddlers and throwing another load of laundry in. :)

4. Is your nursery complete? What's the theme and what do you have left to complete?

Nope, and as of today I decided I'm done with all my projects and craft ideas. Baby has enough. I need to get some more storage type furniture and just get everything put together, but I'm done with my little projects. I really need to get everything up on the wall...this took months and months for me to do after we got married. B has yet to convince me to hang a few drawings a friend of ours did, or my butterfly collections. I guess I'm stalling in the baby's room too. But really....I need to jump on this. Good thing next week is spring break.  

5. List 5 qualities you hope your baby will possess:
 
Jesus, love, wisdom, a genuine love for people, a love and respect for his earthly parents, aaand his daddy's eyes or curls. :) Do all those count as qualities?

6. What's your ideal labor experience?
 
Lots and lots of trusting on God for whatever He wants labor to look like for me...be it a natural birth, pain-free epidural birth, C-section with lots and lots of rest afterwards...whatever He wants for His plants and purposes in my life. I've thought about this lots and I still know that I have no clue what it will look like until I get to the hospital. So anyways, I just want the baby out at the end. ;)

7. List 5 things that have changed in your relationship with your spouse since you've been pregnant:

We sadly have what seems like a third person in our bed at all times now. My stupid Boppy pillow (I'm very thankful for whoever secretly got it for me...I do love it) gets between me and my hubby. I can't sleep right next to his back all night like I used to because there's a giant pillow between us. It does keep me from being in pain though. :) That's the only reason he puts up with it. haha
 
What hasn't changed? We think about money differently now. We think about the future differently, I think. Ya know, since we have this little bambino to think about too. I think about B differently (in a good way). I know both of our prayers have changed to include this little dude we've been called to raise. :) That's cute to hear your husband pray for your baby. :)   

8. List 5 things you think will change once your baby arrives:

Haaaa..........sleep habits, fo sho. I'm pretty sure my personal, daily schedule will change. I know I will have to plan taking care of my hubby differently too. I can't cook dinner throughout the entire day simply because I enjoy that. I will have a baby to plan around too. I think B and I will really have to be more intentional about dating each other also. I've been thinking lots about that lately. Also, spending habits will probably adjust even more.

9. Where do you think you'll be when you go into labor? Why?

I'm really hoping I'm not at school with a classroom full of 3 year olds. HA!

10. Have you been talking to your baby? Playing music?

I talk to him in my head. Does that make sense? I don't talk outloud...but I do talk to him a lot. I do play music, but not on purpose for him to listen to. Although, B was playing the guitar in the living room one night and the little bambino was FREAKING OUT when he stopped. So he started playing again and calmed right down. That was pretty awesome. :)

11. In what ways do you hope your baby is like your spouse?

Most ways because B is much more chill than I am. :) I hope he looks JUST like him, too. :)

12. In what ways do you hope your baby is like you?

Blonde hair would be really cute. :)

13. How long will you wait for the next baby, or if this is your last one, why/why not?

Oh goodness. I can't think about that right now.

14. Who will be with you during labor? Who will visit you in the hospital during your recovery?

I'm pretty sure B is the only one we're planning on having in the room with us. As for after, I honestly don't care. The whole world could come visit me. I think I'd like that. :)

15. How much will you tell your baby (child, teenager) about your past? Why/why not?

Enough that he knows I'm a sinner saved by grace. Enough to warn and teach. I guess I need to ask for wisdom on what NOT to tell him. haha

16. Do you have any hopes for your child's activities? (Sports, academics, school preference, activities, etc)

Nope. As long as he loves Jesus, that's all the man he needs to be.

17. When will you tell your baby about the birds and the bees?

hahahaha I will probably be forced too much earlier than I think I will.

18. Which childhood memory do you hope your child will have (similar to one you fondly remember)?

I really hope he gets to remember a time his mom and or dad shared Jesus with them and prayer with them like I remember my mom doing with me and my little brother.

19. And finally, Be annoying! What "advice" do you want newly pregnant women to know?

You need so much less than you think you need. Maternity clothes, books, baby items, decorations. You've got boobs? You're good. Ok, not really, but seriously...kinda really. ;) I've also been shocked that the only time I'm really in crazy pain is when I haven't had a chance to exercise that day. So exercise! I've never done this regularly before being pregnant, but I think I'm going to make it a norm now. You really do have so much more energy.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment