Thursday, January 24, 2013

Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.

The air quality seems to be particularly terrible this week. From reading around the internet I've gathered that the inversion is now considered a state of emergency and pregnant ladies should not go outside. So, after my field trip and grocery shopping today, I will be staying inside. B usually has long meetings Thursday nights, so I like to keep myself busy. While I have plenty of work to get caught up on, I also have a few books I picked up at the library yesterday that I want to dig in to.

I often complain about wishing a could at least have a tiny talent for sketching. Words are one thing, but I've always been a bit stupified when it comes to articulating visual images on paper. One of the gals in my creative workshop told me about this book, Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. Since the workshop is starting up again soon I figured I'd better expand my horizons of creative dabblings. I picked it up yesterday and I'm going to give it a shot.

 
 
I'm supposed to keep a folder with all my attempts to complete the exercises from the book. If I get the courage, and this actually works, I'll have to share my new found talent with you guys. ;) I'm hoping this works so I can incorporate it into the workshop somehow, since I like it to include all forms of art.
 
 
Wish me luck! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment