Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Life from my view these days. :)

Ari definately doesn't have his days and nights switched anymore, praise Jesus! But this means he's up a lot more during the day...during laundry time, mommy's nap time, shower time, and today it's been around the time I try to get dinner together. This is the first day we haven't had somebody bring us a meal and I was ready to get back to cooking! I missed it! Anyways, Ari suddenly decided that he'd spend his 45 minute awake time screaming. Haaaaa! I knew that was going to make for an extra loooong naptime.


It truly is amazing to me how the love you have for your kids as a parent covers all the crazy annoying things they do...like scream in your face for half an hour as you desperately attempt to dig into the mountain of dirty dishes, boil some water for quinoa, clean the bottles....


But after a few minutes of singing Jesus Loves You and cuddling him close to me in the baby carrier, he was out. :) Until his head hit the crib, of course. haha And that's where he is loudly waiting out naptime until the next time he eats. (And don't you worry...mommy is checking on him and kissing him lots in between frantic wails. haha) Poor little guy. At least I can almost guarantee quite a bit of sleep for the both of us tonight.

On a bit of a heavier note, please keep my parents and brother in your prayers. They live in Colorado Springs and are most likely going to be evacuated any minute due to the wildfires. They are coming in to town this weekend, but pray for protection, safety, wisdom on what to take and how to prepare for evacuation, as well as strength to walk through this crazy time in a Christ-like way.

I had this verse on my mind earlier today and was wondering why. When my mom called me pretty upset (she said buildings were catching fire and blowing up around them) I knew why, so I shared it with her.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you."

Isaiah 43:2

Pray for all of Colorado Springs and the churches in the area that are reaching out to shelter and minister to families. Jesus really is our everything.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment