Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ari Judah Sauve

 
 
Mr. Ari Judah Sauve was born at 6:25 a.m. on Sunday morning, (just like his daddy thought!) May 26th, 2013. He weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces, and was 20.5 inches long. Do you see that head of hair? Yep, he takes after his daddy. :) We're pretty much in love with this little blessing.
 
So this is my little, tiny, yet very loud reason for taking a little break from blogging. ;) I love him, but things get a little crazier than usual around here now. haha And since I feel like my brain has been replaced with a racquetball court, I can't quite collect my thoughts quickly enough (during nap time) to compose any sort of birth story yet. I will say what a huge, huge blessing our stay at the hospital was. I really loved it and all the nurses and my great doctor. God is so good to work His wisdom through people like that and I was completely at peace with every decision we made with the help of my doctor surrounding Ari's birth. Ari has been very healthy, is a champion eater, and as of Sunday I was able to celebrate two weeks of breastfeeding!! Woohoo!! I've heard it's a breeze from here on out (God willing). 

The name. I wanted to share why we picked this name. Our last name is the French verb for salvation, or to save. Ari means lions and Judah is for the tribe of Judah. So when you stick his entire name together it's like the gospel: the lion from the tribe of Judah (that's Jesus) saves. We were debating between two names, and Brian picked Ari once the nurses held him up and we could see his funky full head of hair. He had a lions mane from the very first time we saw him. ;) Very fitting, we thought.

Alright, that's as much organized thought at I can get out during this naptime. ;)

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you came up with his name, that's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 2 weeks of breastfeeding! Keep at it- it can be up and down, but overall should continue to get better and better!

    ReplyDelete