Monday, June 17, 2013

A shout out to you lovely ladies. :)

Lots and lots of baby lovin' these days. :) Especially now that Ari's Colorado grandparents are in town!


It's been nice having my mom here this week, folding laundry, changing diapers, teaching me how to properly cut my husband's hair (HA!), and just holding Ari so I can do some running around. We have been blessed so far with sleep (despite those first CRAZY, hormonal few days of utter exhaustion) through most of the night. Ari has only woken up once at night these last two nights. So I've been getting plenty of sleep! So much sleep that I actually have a hard time sleeping at times...which is normal for me. Because of this, I've had quite a bit of energy to attempt to stay on top of things around the house, although things still get crazy when you don't plan for three outfit changes in twenty minutes due to poop and/or spit up while you've got diner burning on the stove. ;) Some things get put on the back burner these days, quite literally. haha Life as a mom...

With my mom being in town and helping me with so many things I was thinking about about these verses earlier, which I keep going back to every few days when I realize how loved and supported I've been by the women in my life over the last few weeks.

"Older women...are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled." Titus 2:3-5

So this is a big shout out to all you ladies you have helped me love my family the last few weeks by washing dishes for me, doing my laundry, bringing us food, getting up suuuuuper early to sit with me so I don't lose my mind, listening to me cry on the phone, giving advice, getting me out of the house, oh so may things!! (And thanks to the husbands out there who let their wives spend some time with this crazy new momma!!) Now I know why these verses are in the Bible. They HAVE to be because we NEED them as wives, mom, and women in general. And God being a good God KNEW we'd NEED them. He's a clever God. :)

I'm so thankful for all you ladies.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment