Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Quinoa veggie wraps



I can't stop eating these!! Literally, every day for lunch for the last...I don't know how long. Two, three weeks now? They are soooo good and I always have stuff on hand to make them. I first had them at a friend's house a few weeks ago while our husbands were rock climbing. Here's how she made them:

- Extra large tortilla wraps
- Spread some hummus in the middle (I've found this helps everything stick when you're eating it, so they don't fall apart)
- A few spoonfulls of quinoa (I've just been cooking a bunch at once and keeping it ready in the fridge for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...I've also heard you can freeze it)
- Cucumbers
- Red peppers (I've found a new love for red peppers!!)
- Lettuce
- Cheese
- Avocado
- Pink Himalayan Salt (I swear, this stuff takes this wrap from being bland and full of veggies, to being so tasty and full of flavor!)
- Freshly ground black pepper

Oh yeah! I'm eating one as I type this. ;) You really can add whatever veggies you like or have on hand, this is just my favorite combo.

I've been trying, and quite often failing, to eat clean the last week or so. I've heard it helps balanace post-partum hormones. Crazy hormones or no crazy hormones, this wrap is delicious!! My other favorite clean eating recipe that I've found, which is also a sweet desert, are these Blonde Macaroons. Oh my!! Those didn't stick around for too long!! ;)

Happy eating! ;)

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Where in the world do you buy pink himalayan salt? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ti 89 titanium calculator for home automation
    Ti 89 and titanium damascus Ti 89 are an electrical and is titanium expensive electromagnetically driven electric car. The black oxide vs titanium drill bits Ti 89 and Ti t fal titanium pan 89 are designed to replace mechanical cars and titanium framing hammer trucks as

    ReplyDelete